Our Legal Basis
A limited liability company (Reg. No. 3), doing business as Fortebet, with its current address at Plot 3, Dundas Road, Lower Kololo Terrace, Kololo Courts Hotel, first floor, Kampala, Uganda, is referred to as ForteBet, “we,” “us,” or “our” in this privacy statement. As the “data controller” for the purposes of any applicable data protection laws, we have control over how ForteBet collects your personal information and how it is used.
Contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or would like more information about how we process your personal data.
Security for Your Personal Data
Your personal data is safeguarded by law as well as ForteBet’s dedication to excellence, high standards, and quality. According to the law, we may only treat your personal data when we have a legitimate basis, which must the following:
• To carry out any agreements we may have with you;
• When you have granted permission for the processing;
• When it is in the general welfare.
A legitimate interest exists when we need to process your personal data for business or commercial purposes. Your personal data is still protected, and we are not permitted to process it in a manner that is unjust to you or your interests.
If we decide to process your personal data based on our legitimate interests, we will inform you of this decision, explain those interests, and give you a way to voice any concerns or objections you may have. However, your right to object may be overridden if there are compelling reasons for processing the information.
Length of storage of Your Personal Data
Whenever ForteBet retains your information, we make sure it is handled properly and used exclusively for legal purposes. For as long as you are a ForteBet customer, we will retain your data.
Even if you stop being a customer of ForteBet, we will preserve your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the objectives outlined in this policy and any applicable legal or regulatory requirements. If we are unable to remove your personal data for technical reasons, we may keep it longer.
If you decide not to disclose your personal Data, it can be difficult for us to comply with legal requirements, carry out a contract, or provide account management services. If you don’t share your personal data, we might not be able to provide you with any products or services.
The following are examples of the information and data about you that we may gather, use, and process:
- Information you give us by filling out forms on the website or any other data you send us via email or the website;
- Records of communication, whether by phone, email, the website, or another channel;
- Your feedback on surveys or consumer research we conduct;
- Information on the transactions you have with us, whether by phone, email, or other means;
- Information about your visits to the website, such as traffic data, where you are physically located, weblog posts, and other communication data;
We also obtain personal data through publicly accessible sources, such as Internet searches, Companies House, and broadcast media, when doing so is reasonable for us and does not impair your rights and liberties.
The resolution of any issues arising from the service you receive as well as phone calls to and from our Customer Contact Center are recorded for training and security purposes.
Social features of Our Products
ForteBet may store, record, or otherwise handle this data if you decide to use any of the social features we offer with our products.
Personal Information we disclose to others
Within the Grand Victoria group, we might divulge your personal data with the following organizations:
- Law enforcement organizations, authorities, and others;
- Credit reference organizations;
- Fraud prevention organizations;
- Organizations that verify identities;
- Governing bodies for sports;
- Businesses that can connect you with us;
- Third parties we share your data with based on your request or permission;
- Third parties need to deliver the goods or services you’ve requested.
Your right on Personal Data
If you decide to exercise any of your legal rights regarding your personal data, such as:
• Withdrawing your prior consent; nevertheless, this will not render any earlier processing invalid;
• Filing a complaint with the appropriate Data Protection Authority;
• Access to the personal data we store and use about you;
• Updating or correcting any outdated or inaccurate personal data;
• The deletion of all personal data we process;
• Limit the use of your personal data in specific situations;
• Requesting that we transfer some elements of your personal data to you or another business you designate, often known as “the right to portability”;
• The option to refuse any data processing when it is being done for our legitimate interests;
• The opportunity to challenge a totally automatic decision, to voice your opinion, and to ask for a human review of the decision.
Contact [email protected] for further details about these rights.
Any modifications to our Privacy Statement
Please check this policy periodically because we could occasionally amend it.